Friday, June 6, 2008

Crushing dreams- one kid at a time!

My 13 year old son doesn't get excited about much. He mumbles when he speaks, rolls his eyes constantly and doesn't have much of an opinion except that I'm mean and he hates his sister (the 9 year old).

The other day, he asked if he could go down and find his old Hot Wheels because he was interested in drawing up ideas for cars. He goes on to explain that he wants to design cars for a living and he has a bunch of great ideas. He sketches them up and comes down to show us. The car is called the "Havoc"- pretty cool, I thought! It's a cool sporty car, I'm impressed! Then he shows the logo that he wants to be on his brand of cars. Our last name begins with an "S". Now, I'm thrilled with his excitement in ANYTHING, I don't care. My husband, not being a thinking man and all, sees it and had to burst his bubble... well, that looks just like the Hitler insignia.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was close (it wasn't exactly the same.) Sadly he hung his head, "back to the drawing board!"






post signature

2 comments:

LunaNik said...

Oh no! Poor little man. =(

Allie said...

LOL, that is hilarious.

When I was little (like really little) I didn't know what a swastika was and I decided that I would draw one on one of the Easter eggs we were decorating. My dad completely freaked and my mom had to calm him down explaining that I didn't know what it meant. I still giggle about it today. Needless to say, I don't draw swastikas on easter eggs anymore, or on anything for that matter.