Monday, October 13, 2008

Tell me this idea doesn't suck!

Overwhelmed (ō'vər-hwělm', -wělm'): the feeling you get when you sit at the computer after not having blogged all weekend because you had to sweat your ass off (unfortunately, not literally) at 8 soccer/volleyball/baseball games in 2 days, having school meetings coming out the nose, leaving for vacation in 6 days, trying to lose a record amount of weight in those 6 days and the thought of packing for 6 people and a 12 hour drive makes you want to throw up- all the while having to listen to 4 kids screaming ( the same ones that made you throw up during your 12 hour drive) because they are home from school. I'm pretty sure that's close to Webster's version and brings you up to date with what's going on with me.

Last night I had a dream... I'm a regular Martin Luther King, Jr.- without the positivity! I dreamt of a Mystery Guest Posting contest. Now, I avoid contests like the plague because there are too many rules, but ya'll are way smarter than I am and I have confidence that you can follow.

Now my brain hasn't completely translated my dream yet, but first things first. I need guest posters that are willing to write a post that is anonymous. Then commenters will guess each day who they think wrote that post ( from someone in my blogroll), by clues, writing style, bra size, whatever. (I will also need to update my blogroll- if you send me your info- I will add you- I'm kind of a loser and need you to remind me of this stuff once in a while- my apologies!)

When I return, I will go through and see who got the most number of correct answers and I will send a lame t-shirt rockin' souvenir from my travels to the winner.

So who's up for it? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Leave a comment and I will contact you privately.

post signature

28 comments:

Annie said...

Not all at once people! PLEASE...don't overwhelm her here! :)

I secretly loathe lots of kids activities all at once!

Ash said...

I'd actually like to do it - though I'm not on your blogroll, so I may not be worthy.

No hard feelings.

Now where is that box of wine...

Em

The Mom Jen said...

I'm game! ;)

because I said so said...

I'd like to play too.......but I'm not (sniff sniff) on your "blogroll" either...I guess I'm not cool enough for Tena's "blogroll".......even though I gave Tena and AWARD last week.....geez, what does a girl have to do Tena? Seriously, I mean come on already.....

Linda S said...

{{yells}} YES!!

jill jill bo bill said...

I can't even come up with my own!!! But I will read and participate.

And good luck on the vacation....sounds like fun!

Sue Wilkey said...

Dude, I am having Blog-block like you read about. (or more accurately, DON'T read about). I'm scraping the barrel for my own site- I got nothin' to donate. So sad. But it's an awesome idea. :)

Momo Fali said...

Only you could come up with a totally cool, fun way to spice up guest posts!

Sorry you're so overwhelmed. I feel like I've been burning my candle at both ends for quite a while and now I'm hanging by a thread. I hope your vacation gives you a much needed break...once you get through that car ride.

Anonymous said...

Short time listener, first time comment! I'd do it if I weren't scraping the edges of my own mind to post on my own blog.

I'd be down with this, just need to know what to write on. I'm sure I could come up with something.

Add me to your roll if you like, I'm Wayne John at www.waynejohn.com (the comments don't allow me to put that in there)

Tulsi said...

I'm visiting from SSS and wanted to say hi. You sound so busy running kids around.

Marla said...

i love this idea.. i'm in

Susan said...

If you're really desperate let me know, I've been sucking lately... would be easy to guess me, though!!!

Tena said...

this is a great idea Tena!!!
I am game!!!!
First you will have to add me to your blog roll
::: wink::: wink::
Hollah back at me

McMommy said...

I bow to your creative brillance.

I want to win a lame vacation t-shirt!! I'm off to go study your blog roll so I can win.

Insane Mama said...

I'm in...contact me now!

Unknown said...

I would love to do it :) Not sure what info you need from me or if im even in your blog roll!!! Have fun with all that packing!!! But hey if you are throwing up becuz of all this.... its a great weight loss tool :) j/k

t said...

I'd do anything to be anonymous. This includes hiding in the bathroom when the kids are driving me just a little looney........

I'll volunteer...pretty cool idea!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

you bet...Im in.

J

Patrice said...

You're idea doesn't suck at all! I'd love to do this, I'm not on your blog roll, though! I can see you have a lot of offers, though...

Jill said...

Is this THE vacation that you've been talking about? I can't believe it's already here!

As for your guest bloggers - I'm way too vanilla to be a guest - though I so do look forward to participating in the guessing!

And you're right on with the definition of overwhelmed. Seriously.

Terri said...

I've never guest posted before but I think I'd like to give it a try. Looks like you have more than enough volunteers/contestants to fill your vacation up and then some.

Prepping for vacation is some of the most stressful, take a deep breath and enjoy it as much as possible, or before you know it vacay will be over!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great idea for a contest--kinda different. I'd volunteer, but it looks like you've got more than enough peeps to help you out!

BTW--thanks fort he comment yesterday. Cyberspace really made my day. :)

~Christy

Deb said...

Rats. I'm too late. But, I will tell you that your idea doesn't suck.

MommaDJane said...

If you are still looking I would be more than happy to write a guest post and maybe even give something away! LOL How's that for a vacation guest post? Email me and I will tell you what I could give away.

BacktoBarnwell said...

I'm way down...Am i on YOUR blogroll?

Unknown said...

oh good grief there are SO many things I would LIKE to say that I cant on my own blog...yes pick me

Tiffany said...

I wanna play. I'm sure you already have enough writers so I'm gonna be a guesser. And you know, you're gona have a shitload of comments to read through and add up. tsk tsk Tena causing more work for yourself.

And Rob Pattinson is a hot mother fucker. I know a mother he could fuck =) Just saying. LOL

Jen said...

LOVE this idea!! You rock! I don't want to guest post because it stresses me out way too much, but I can't wait to play along with the guessing game!