Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to the swing of things

Besides having a filthy house from having been 'on strike' for 15 days I realize that many other things have gone by the wayside that must be put back on track. I knew it all along, but made excuses, like you do... I'll start the diet tomorrow, after this gallon of ice cream is gone just this last bowl of ice cream, I don't have time to work out... you know how it goes.

My routine was compromised harshly these last 15 days and I am feeling it- fat (elastic-waisted!) pants and all! I was having a good run, really. Shortly after I started blogging, I posted this and I was in a good place and ready. I was consistent with working out, which, once I'm 'in the zone' I LOVE it! I was eating alright and I was fitting into pants with buttons!!!

Then Operation Staycation, the work of the devil, threw me under the bus. Family activities in our family include food: good, mouth-watering, carbohydrate-loaded coma-inducing food! Who was I to be a party pooper, right? Well, I let NO ONE down (especially my scale, who is particularly high today!!!) I gave into the peer pressure and ate, joined in family activities and did not leave any time for myself and my schedule.

My husband loves Mc Donald's. I was never a lover- I've grown to live with it because of the kids. In a pinch, this was the meal of choice several times- I need no lectures please, I've seen Supersize Me- ELASTIC PANTS, people, no one is more aware at this moment! However, the new Southern Style Chicken Sandwich should have just been inserted into a dirty hypodermic needle (pureed with hot fries and diet Dr. Pepper) so it could go directly into my vein, the way a true addict does it! De-lish!!! It got to the point where I was suggesting McDonald's! Call A&E's Intervention NOW!

Hopefully this will keep me accountable and ashamed enough to get out of this rut and into a pair of pants that grown ups wear- with a fly! My incentive:

Just kidding! For those of you who don't know, this is 'Hot Boy'.

Can I just interject what a freaking dork I am, taking pictures of my landscaper? I am pretending to be taking before, during and after shots and he keeps moving out the way- he's a gentleman, ladies! The patio looks nice, too, no?






post signature

17 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

All is right with the world...your hub is back at work and Hot Boy is doing a fantastic job on your patio!

Caroline said...

I just blogged about how I am going to fall in love with my self! I too was super skinny (like size 0 skinny) I hated it! But then having kids...I put the weight on and most of it came off except for 15 lbs that won't budge (no diet, no workout will take it off). I am learning to embrace my curves (it's hard)...but I have "boobs" for the first time in my life...so I guess that's a good side effect!

Unknown said...

I love the patio! It came out great! But STAY AWAY FROM MCDONALD'S--vacation is over! LOL That place is horrbibly addictive isn't it? I think they put crack in their fries.
~Christy

Tena said...

Hey Hottie, no need to move out of the way!! HA HA HA!
I eat the new chicken sandwich as well, it really is delighful for being McDonalds, add it with a diet coke and I am good to go! Actually that might be lunch today, off to run errands and that is an easy fix!

Deb said...

Tena, you rock. Thanks for posting pictures of hot boy in the midst of getting back into the swing of things!

I'm sure the weight is just water weight, right. :)

How did the 70's outfit hunt go?

Tiffany said...

You don't have to tell me about weight. And also don't make Jon & Kate plus 8 's Monkey Munch unless you want to eat the whole damn bag. That shit will f%*k you up. But damn is it delicious! And I sure enjoy the hot boy pics =)

Unknown said...

Heyyyy sista...I wonder who has a harder time with weight...those how were thin (like me too) and now NOT or those who have always been big??

WE should start a club...DD said yesterday "No offense mom, but you eat salads every day for lunch" (I guess that's a bad thing...) I said that I was trying to be better to my body...
DS said "your' on a diet, even though you are fine the way you are." I love him!! I said "when you are my age junk food likes to stick around longer than when your' young...lol"

Sheila said...

Are you trying to pimp that boy out again? Lord let me get some $1 bills!!! If you can get him to flex & shake his booty I'll slip him a $5!!! LOL
Notice that I am not even going there about McFat A**. You've seen my pics, I don't need to tell you. HA HA

Crazed Nitwit said...

I really appreiciate the new pic of hot boy. sigh........if only.

Ann Harrison said...

"...pants that grown up wear, with a fly!"
Good stuff!
I have to say, your making me hungry for a Chicken Sandwich.
Oh! That evil Mickey D's!!!

Mrs4444 said...

Just pretend that you're doing it for us. I, for one, am enjoying the photos! I cannot believe how many people are writing tonight about being/looking fat! I'm not kidding; I've read at least three (and wrote one myself). What's up with that?? I guess summertime IS a time with plenty of excuses to eat!

Terri said...

ahahaha; I was wondering how you were getting all those shots of "hot boy", now I see it was under the guise of progress. Too funny.

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG I laughed so hard at the photo of Hot Boy because I was expecting it to be from a distance, and there your are right up his fine ass. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Carol said...

The picture of hot boy cracked me up. Thanks for that.

May your wish of pants with a fly come true soon.

Bijoux said...

I love the photo of Hot Boy! I once kept taking photos of my son's baseball coach (while pretending to take action shots at games). That was one hott dad!

Wendy said...

nice arms! (are we objectifying men??)

McMommy said...

I just jumped over from Happy Meals and Happy Hour....and holy hotness of brick laying man!!

From all of out here in bloggeritaville, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts....for putting yourself on the line for our viewing pleasure!