Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whole Lot o' Nothin'

Accept my apologies for this totally lame post. For some reason, (Type A), I have the need to post consistently even if I have nothing interesting to share. Quantity over quality, I say, and you pay the price, that is, if this sustains your attention...

Well, first, we are on the downward slope of Operation Staycation and thank God for small miracles! Although, I've not made it, yet, and I am not counting my chickens! Every day that my husband's alive home presents a challenge! One more day!

This weekend:

***School/parish picnic was rained on a lot- enough to NOT have to go! YEAH!
*** I had an uncontrollable urge to eat chocolate, got two zits, and was very edgy (yep, that bitch is visiting) and now- CRAMPS!

*** "Hot Boy" has left my backyard in disarray and I'm not happy about it. We don't even have steps to get out to the backyard yard so I the kids could go out and escape play!

*** I have been planning a 70's party. We've had one once before and it was a blast! I have always had an obsession with the 70's. Peace, love and sexual revolution crap- I totally dig it! I was raised on disco. I remember my parents doing 'The Hustle'- they took freaking disco LESSONS- isn't that beautiful? I love the styles: the uglier, the better. This weekend I spent getting my head together. I went to the flea market and- it was freakin' meant to be- what did I see the minute I get there?

Thing of beauty, ain't it?

I think it's a fair assessment to say that I have spent about 15 hours on Ebay this weekend looking for the perfect vintage outfit. I am currently in love with this, but am going to some shops tomorrow before I commit...

The best part...


Anyone in the St. Louis area this weekend wanna stop in for a good laugh?


post signature

13 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

A little "Blog Blocked" are we?
(Too much to say, or too little?)

Ann Harrison said...

Great!
LO-O-OVE the suit!!! (There will be pictures, right?)
And about Elvis, the sound wasn't as good as it should have been.
However, his energy put us all on our feet!
He was great!

Jill said...

I love eBay too! You can always find such fun things there.

BTW - Great outfit for your 70's party. That should be a blast.

Enjoy (or at least tolerate) your last day of Staycation tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you as I fly to D.C. :)

Deb said...

The outfit rocks. How many are coming to your party?

Sue Wilkey said...

Love the bell bottoms! Internet costume sites have some great 70's stuff. Who is "Hot Boy"??? (I know, I know, I was on vacation)

Unknown said...

That sounds like great fun! The outfit is P-E-R-F-E-C-T! Is your husband going to get Saturday Night Fever suit? lol Have a great time! :)
~Christy C

Tiffany said...

HAHA I can't wait to see pics of yall dressed up. And that is a killer outfit.

Unknown said...

I so totally want to come to that party...no one around here ever wants to do cool stuff like that...I don't think I'm that far from St L...hmmm...could I plan a break out...The suit is fab!

The Mom Jen said...

What? I think Hot Boy needs a few good spanks and a nice tongue lashing.

Did I just say that?

Fun partay! You'll look hot in that outfit!

Mrs4444 said...

What fun! Wish I could come. That outfit looks a bit warm for this time of year in St. Louis. Are you sure you can't find a mini?

Caroline said...

Love the outfit...seriously cool (in that 70's way of course). Now...the quest for the perfect shoes...good luck with that!

Soge shirts said...

That was entertaining enough for me. Your blog is more honest than most and you don't hold back. I wasn't alive during the seventies but they seemed like a really fun time.

Sheila said...

If only I was a few states closer. I would be there in a heartbeat.