Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's vacation time, but not really

Today is day 2 of my husband's vacation- a 15 day stretch. If you know our dynamic (by reading my constant complaints- since no one that I personally know, reads this), you know that 15 days with he, myself plus the kids in one house with no plans, to speak of, would be last chosen situation on a long list that would include dental treatments and gynological pokes.

We have a planned vacation in October, meaning we are actually "going" somewhere. Which leaves us here, this time around, to our own devices for the next 13 days. The only option is to keep busy- it's a must or I will be tempted to throw a dagger through his heart. There should be plenty of swimming, maybe a trip to the zoo (I HATE THE ZOO, so that should be fun), we are having our patio redone, and the garage sale is wrapping up tomorrow- FINALLY!

So stay tuned... I'm sure nothing will go smoothly and I will be taking my famously crappy pictures to document every fiasco.

In an effort to keep me sane, I'd love to hear from you- so if you read- let me know-drop a line- send me some love- let me know who you are and what led you here. I'm totally digging meeting all the new people that have been commenting through their blogs (even though I'm not really meeting you).

And although blog fodder these next 2 weeks will not be in short supply, time to sit at a computer will be. If there is anything you are curious about or would like to know about me, ask me, I am an open blog- nothing's off limits (at least that I can think of)! It's my total lame-ass, lazy way to draft a post for a day when I'm too busy to actually write something clever. So thanks for supporting the slacker in me!


post signature

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to get to ask people questions about things...when we hav friends over to play games, we always get into the "Christy Questions." I love to provoke discussions...so here's one, if you could a friend's diary (that held all of their deepest, darkest secrets, completely unrevealed to anyone) w/o them finding out, would you?

Unknown said...

ok, that sohould say, read a friend's diary.

~Christy

PiaG said...

You are made of stronger stuff than me. I would not be able to take 15 days on one place with just you, him and the kids...

take me to a happy place

**rolling on the floor holding head in foetal position***

Unknown said...

Okay, I'll play. Here's a classic: If you could have lunch with any one person, dead or alive (except they'd be in their "alive" state for lunch, otherwise rotting corpse might turn off your appetite), who and why??

Sue Wilkey said...

Hey Tena! I'm a 1-hit wonder fan too!!! "Brandy" is like my favorite song ever. I'm lookin' at a long-ass summer too. Is it terrible that the biggest reason I plan to take them on outings like the Aquarium is that it might provide blog material?????

Kelly said...

Hi there, I don't know where I found your blog..through someone else..I forget..
anyway I feel for you about being home with your whole crew. My hubby was on only a week long vacation and by day 4 we were seriously driving one another crazy. Having him home totally throws off my routine. However he said he would never want to trade spots with me for a million bucks..haha(me being a sahm and all). HAve fun and good luck!
~Kelly

Deb said...

Here's a question - what do you think of your name? Would you have given yourself your name, and if not, what would you name yourself?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the name Deborah. (my name) I don't mind the nickname Deb, but hate to be called Debbie.

Unknown said...

OMG 15 days an NO plans!! If you would like to come stay with me while he's home I would completely understand...cause I would most certainly ask the same of you...LOL. I love my husband, but there is absolutly NO way I would do that...thankfully he takes only a day or two...and even then I'm cringing after 1 full day...You get a great big hug from me...and keep the knives out of site...

Mrs4444 said...

If you could only choose one, which would you choose? Looks, Brains, Wealth

Jill said...

I am finally getting around to reading blogs from 4 days ago... oh it's going to take me hours!

My husband has been off work for 4 weeks now (we're on vacay - in between homes)... let's just say that 24/7 for 8 weeks will be more than enough to send me to the looney bin.

Have FUN! Where are you going in October?

Tiffany said...

OK here's a question. Which do you hate more? Elvis or the Grinch?? I never said it would be a thought provoking question.

Terri said...

what you guys are experiencing now apparently has a name, it's a "staycation". Duh, like we didn't already know that GMA! It would be a challenge. I'm glad we are going somewhere, I can't wait to get outta dodge. This will be our only family vaca; the other two trips will be just me and hubs and then one with friends & family (not hubs) to Vegas in Nov. Can't wait, I luvs me some vaca.

Terri said...

oh and here's my question that I forgot to include in above comment:

If money were not an object, what would be your choice for a dream vacation? ahhhhhhh, we can call dream can't we?

Soge shirts said...

lol keep sane Tenakim. I will await your time wasting adventures. I'm sure you will have more fun than you think.