Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bondage and spreading love!

My computer has been down most of the day and I have been on the phone with the "support" center and (I use that word loosely as they have not supported me in any way accept to drink heavily!) I have been suckered into using switched to a new phone service, I will call it "Bondage".

"Bondage" is not a regular phone service, it's very technical and I'm not good at wrapping my head around technical jargon, but something about the modem, thus the loss of my COMPUTER! At this point in the day, after 6 hours of SUPPORT, I feel like my head is going to explode!

I have spoken with 6 different people, all foreign- with THICK dialect, my guess, from India.

Although you introduced yourselves as Amy, Jane, Kate, and Steve- those are SOOOO not your names. Your use of those apple pie names is not making this communication gap any easier!

They were as kind as could be. Which is why I felt bad when I hung up on 4 of them just to call back and roll the dice on getting an American to answer. Never happened! They were smart as whips, but had no idea what I was asking. WTF!

Think good thoughts, think good thoughts... Ok, so I had to get that off my chest, clear the air, now i must spread love, damn it!

Sweetheart,Jen @ Cheaper than Therapy gave me an award! When it rains it pours, folks! Tiffany also gave me one today- Thanks and stop your bitchin' and moanin' whining- you got an iphone for free! So, in an effort to stay true to Jen's Brillante Award I will pay it forward...


These ladies are all invited on our Road Trip- think positive- it could happen! Jen, we could totally use the slutty van!

Christy@Heavy on the Caffeine
Tiffany@ Stuck in the Sticks
Deb@Don't Judge this Book By its Cover
Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life
Sheila@Manic Mom
Crazed Mom, Janice @ Blurbs from my Brain

Each one has their own unique dysfunctions life experiences. They all have shown the bloggy love to me and you should definitely pay them a visit.

By the by, I'm thinking that this title might grab some funny hits on google, whaddya think?



post signature

16 comments:

Sue Wilkey said...

Wait for me!!!! I'm coming on the road trip!!!!!!! The Dell computer guys are just like that: Really really nice and patient but you can't understand a damn word they say. OK, "Shawn".

Sue Wilkey said...

p.s. I really don't mean I want an award - I just want in on the road trip. The whole "re-gifting" thing is too much work for me. :)

Tiffany said...

HAHA I was waiting to see what you were gonna say about my comment. LOL And you HAD to bring up the free phone didn't you? HAHA Thanks for my award!

Deb said...

Thanks for the award Tena! I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be to have a blog award! You have made that happen.

I'm so good with the road trip, especially in the slutty van!

I'll display the award on my blog tomorrow!!!

Crazed Nitwit said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bring um, money, and myself. No kids, no spouses=fun in my book. The slutty van? Sounds interesting. Thanks for the award. I needed that today! Huggles.

Unknown said...

That's funny--you are so right about the fake names & the foreign "support staff." We were talking about that last night at dinner.
Thanks for the award...I love that you like me...you really like me. I like you right back and what did I miss about a road trip?? I TOTALLY WANT TO GO!!! Let's do it--I'll try to steal my husband's company credit card.

~Christy
Heavy on the Caffeine

Sue Wilkey said...

Hey Girl - Award i made up just for you on my blog today - (no-regifting involved: yay!)

Love ya

Unknown said...

OMG thank you so much for the love...I'll spread it on Sunday...as I have to leave today to go camping with my family...and will miss my bloggy friends for like 48 hours........
And as for "support"...I have no problems with people who have accents...I believe that is what our country is founded on...BUT, when I need HELP and need to UNDERSTAND what is being told to me...then I need someone who shares MY accent...KWIM??

Adriane said...

I am loving your blog! Good stuff here... I subscribed and I'll be back for a second helping.

As for your phone problem- we just went thru the cable company to switch from regular ol' phone to cable phone, and it got so jacked up, I canceled our home line altogether... We're an all cell family now.

Jen said...

I am SO thankful that I married a computer god. I don't even have to deal with computer customer support guys. I do however have to keep stroking my husband's "ego" for more computer help.

Bijoux said...

OMG - you are so right on with the support staff over in India. Last time our computer crashed, I spent a week talking to them. But my very last call, I got an AMERICAN! And he was California Surfer Dude American who talked down to me a bit, but I was ok with that! I thanked him for speaking to me in his native tongue!

Jill said...

Oh how I love being on hold and talking with customer service reps who don't have a good grasp of the language... wait, that's my freakin' life now.

A funny movie that depicts this is called Outsourced.

Mrs4444 said...

This is VERY funny! I can relate, because I spent six hours last week doing the same thing! (Only I got to talk with "Elmer." Give me a flipping break!)

Came over today to see if you had already received the Brilliant WEblog award, because I wanted to give it to you, but I see Jen beat me to it recently. Know that you were on my list! :)

Holy Crappers said...

You had to have called Dell!
I have hung up on those bastids a number of times.
Why cant we just get an American to give us help???

peace
#2

Soge shirts said...

Nobody does telemarketing better than our Indian friends.

Sheila said...

Thank you Tena for my award! I will treasure it on my Blog forever! You've made my day!