Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Blogging Affair

Dear My First Real Love:
I have been neglectful, I know, I'm sorry. I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Blogging has taken over my life in a very odd, uncontrollable way. I spend much of my time reading blogs, writing on my blog, thinking about writing blogs, and Twittering with my bloggy friends- time that we used to share.

My neglect became obvious to me when I was choosing to blog and ignoring you completely! I started missing the nights that used to be our "special time" together. When we do get to spend time together, I feel I am having a hard time catching up with what's been going on with you- it's like we're in different places now.

I know last night was an important night for you! I didn't want to let you down. I was there for you. I had fun and it was great catching up. I'm so glad for Jeremy Piven and Tina Fey. I'm ashamed that I have not watched any "Mad Men", but last night's Best Drama Award was just the nudge I needed.

With the new fall season upon us, maybe we can start fresh with all of our favorites. I am going to start trying to bridge the gap that has been coming between us. I think we can make it work. I think there is room in my life for you and my blogging. Let's try and make it work!

Sincerely,
Tena

post signature

18 comments:

Mr Lady said...

gigglegiggle :)

Deb said...

Looks like there is a major love triangle here. Good luck sorting it out.

jill jill bo bill said...

So many men-I mean shows, so little time....

Sue Wilkey said...

Ha! I did a "neglect" post too! That's cuz we're busy twittering each other!

Heroes tonite.......Office Thursday........

Ash said...

Tena's T.V. replies - "Don't worry about it sweetheart. That's why there's TiVo. I'll be here for you when you need me, like every good partner should be. Now run along and type!"

Em

Annie said...

Ahhh....what once was.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

same time same channel. i tivo everything its easier and you can skip commercials.

Tiffany said...

LMAO Are you sure I didn't write that post? Because I too have been neglecting my shows. I have a shitload DVR'd and haven't watched them because I have too many damn blogs to read. But oh how the new shows are fixing to come on. How will I divide my time between the two? *sigh*

Jill said...

Oh I'm jealous.. we don't get new tv shows here. I hear the new fall line up in out - I'll sadly just sit here and read blogs...

Boo hoo.

Jen said...

Add me to the many who have been neglecting the tv. I am still in shock that I haven't watched that new show "Fringe" I tivo'd it because I wanted to get my Joshua Jackson fix, but I haven't made the time to watch it. Blogging has taken over. How will I fit it all in? There must be a way to add some hours to the day.

Debz said...

I thought you were a multi-tasker. I watch the TV and blog. If I can do it, I know you can.

Unknown said...

sad thing is....I think you burn more calories watching tv vs bloggin...go figure

t said...

Awwwww.....blogging is an addiction. I'm sure there will be some sort of pill for this in the future. Maybe not.

I changed my breakfast post a bit because I don't want anyone to hate me for my metabolism. I'm no skinny chick...I eat like a monster and one day...I'll be a beast. ;) I hope it's when I am 65 and don't give a flying poop. Not that I care now. ;) Don't hate me, Tenakim...I am your loyal fan! :)

t said...

You are jealous of my water balloons? I mean boobs? you can have them if you want...to me they are like time bombs...ha!

Hey, all I can say is at least I have one part of my body that will defy gravity!

And you will learn to love your curves...trust me. It happened when I turned 40 (way back 5 years ago!). I just learned to appreciate the child-bearing machine for all it's gone through. Mr. Handsome, who is...ahem...6 years younger...ahem...seems to have no issues with the curves.

Attitude is everything. ;)

Meaghan said...

Great blog, im becoming a follower right now :)

xoxo
Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Great blog. You made me laugh out loud, and really not much is doing that for me lately. I totaly relate to the neglecting TV for the new blogging addiction. Big problem for Fall season. My DVR is already 80% full from last spring! What will happen when the new shows start? But the hubby is loving having the TV all to himself. It's all sports all the time.

Unknown said...

Blogging is the only love in my life...what of it? I missed you while my internet was out! :)

~Christy

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

I am so glad I have a DVR! I could not live without it. I am so happy that the new season is starting up. Summer was pretty boring!

BTW, I left you a terd...I mean a little love over on my blog. It will be posted in the am.