Monday, September 8, 2008

Not so Great Party Update!

It's taking me a while to gather my thoughts and compile my "after party" post. A few reasons...

*** I had a record 13 cancellations the day of the party!!! So, that was a total bummer. I've become quite paranoid schizophrenic, thinking that "E-vite" has something against me and must have put a footnote at the bottom telling everyone NOT to come because I'm a loser!

*** I was embarassed that there weren't many people in attendance and am sick of people not revolving their lives around me- is that so hard?. Also because of my 'people pleasing' tendencies and I wanted those who came dressed up to not feel like a bunch of dorks! I hope they all know that they are now all my very best friends!!!

***My 'go to' drunk party pal "T" came down sick and stayed home. So I want everyone to gather their voodoo dolls and stick a pin in her neck well wishes that she's feeling better! I love her dearly, but frankly am disappointed and was looking forward to exploiting her drunk ass on this blog and she totally let me down. If she's reading, I would like a doctor's note for her absence.

***The fruity drinks were flowing freely and I've been recovering. I'm pretty sure that the 8 people here had fun!

***I dropped the ball on the photography front. I will blame that on the fruity drinks, and am waiting for my other guests to send me their pictures...

These are a few of the ones I actually took...


This is "J"- I awarded him biggest balls 'best dressed'... he stopped by the grocery store before coming to our house and had people sneaking pictures of him on their cell phones! You got to love a man that can wear an afro!!!


Then there's my skinny bitch baby sister. When everyone was cancelling on me, I threatened her with bodily harm if she did not show up- I could totally take her skinny ass and she knows it! Thanks little sis for heeding my warning and rocking the karaoke!

post signature

14 comments:

Sue Wilkey said...

I would have absolutely come, no matter what. Looks like it was still a blast! Love fro-man. :)

Sue Wilkey said...

ps. missing you on Twitter: where've you been?

Mr Lady said...

I would have been Sue's date.

PS: Afro = Hawt. Just sayin'.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I stopped entertaining for lots of people years ago for the exact reason of inconsideate people. Instead I invite a select few that I can count on. as long as you had fun.

jill jill bo bill said...

I soooo should've come. And I would've flown fully dressed in my 70's garb and totally played it off. Until I fell off my platforms and broke my ankle then I would cry out, "Damn Tena and her 70's party!" Then everyone would know I was just acting....see, I was really pumped to come. I had this scenario playing in my head all weekend.

And, why,yes I have become very popular in just 3 days...

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...

Damn I love anything where I get to dress up. I would have loved to been there. Also why I love haloween. It's OK to dress retarded on that day. LOL Now where are the pics of you???

amelia bedelia said...

damn those skinny little sisters!! I have one too. Ok, where's the picture of you!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry that you had so many cancellations! I think small gatherings can be a lot more fun though, because you can really talk & hang out--not as much going on. I hope the fruity drinks were good at least! :)

~Christy

The Mom Jen said...

GRR, curse those cancellers!

I wanna see YOU at the party!

Deb said...

Stinky people that cancel. Yes, I know that wasn't a sentence, but I don't care. People suck sometimes. I totally would have come, and would have loved to indulge in fruity drinks. Plus, I could have drug Jill around with her broken ankle.

Terri said...

and there's that fantastic disco ball in the last picture! Looks like a great time, wish I could have been there to laugh at all your crazy drunk 70's wannabes! hehe

Laural Out Loud said...

I hate planning a big shindig, only to have most of the people that RSVPd not show up! At least they called to cancel, but still, I understand your disappointment. Looks like you managed to still have fun, though!

McMommy said...

The next time you have a party, let me know so I can crash. Also, please make sure your sis will be there.
I want to corner her and demand she tells me how she gets her arms so nicely toned without looking manly (*ahem* Kelly Ripa!!)