Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments?
***I did not write a post yesterday. Instead, I got my hair done- cut and highlights. I broke two of my own rules. I vowed to never dye my hair until I had to (to cover grey) and to not do bangs. What can I say? I got bored and had to change it up a little.

***I also wrote a guest post for Annie at Cookies, Chaos, and Conversations that she will post on Sunday. I secretly think she gave me the Sunday time slot because NO ONE reads blogs on Sunday and she was afraid I would piss off some people. I did not disappoint-I cursed and threw in a little politics. I considered putting this in the post to complete my full alienation of all her readers, but I decided to put it here instead. I know some of you may not appreciate it, but that's Ok, we can agree to disagree (and that you are wrong and Sarah Silverman is funny!) So mark your calendar to go and comment on her blog on SUNDAY- don't embarrass me, please?!!!

***Today is my birthday! 36, for those of you who were wondering, I'm 36. For my birthday, I'm going to get a pedicure and pray that John and Barack come through with my entertainment for the evening... please have the debate, please have the debate, please have the debate! I plan to have an entire one slice of Tiramisu and then really hit the dieting and exercising because we leave for Gulf Shores, Alabama in 3 weeks!

*** I went to Target yesterday and found the true beauty in a fall vacation to the beach- I can get summer clothes for cheap! I present my vacation wardrobe- all $65worth (not one item was more than $4.48!!!) I also bought them in a size that was a little snug to keep me motivated to keep my ass on the stair climber!!!


***To keep me honest, I have joined forces with new Twitter friend, Lisa, who is on the same weight loss journey. Thank God it's not a competition because this is what she wants to get back to...

No photo shopping, folks! She was a model, can ya tell? Looking at her pictures will either totally depress me or keep me motivated. She's really sweet so it's hard to hate her-even though, let's be honest, if I saw her on the street, I would totally hate her! Although, my destination is a UNIVERSE from hers... I'd just like to take a picture where I don't look like a big fat doofus. I'm alright, no, I'm insistent on wearing a cover- up OVER my swimsuit- non- negotiable!

***As I've explained before, I know I am not photogenic, but subtle hints are not lost on me! Lisa was giving me her Twitter friends "tips" to posing for pictures...
Posing Tip #1: Always angle your smaller eye (most people have one) toward camera...closer to lens=larger in photo

Posing Tip #2: Slight head tilt to side and away more interesting, unless you have a really narrow face. Then, straight on is best.

Posing Tip #3: Place all your weight on your "back foot"...the one away from the camera. This is an easy 10 lbs. off visually.



I look like a complete dork! The picture of my highlights turned out pretty good though, no?

Let's hope I have better luck with my weight loss!!!


post signature




34 comments:

Annie said...

That video made me laugh my ass off. I'm attempting to remain non committal on my blog so as to be fair to all 6 of my readers. You so could have stuck it there.
SUNDAY IS SACRED! It is, afterall, the day of football! Sunday kicks Tuesday's ass. Quit your complaning!
You're hair is cute and I really don't know why you didn't win hottest blogger. You are SO hot!
Thanks for helping me out.
Have a super day!
Go DEBATES!

Annie said...

As if that long ass comment wasn't enough, I had to comment that the Target finds ROCK! Gotta love a good sale! Sweet!

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Lovin' the hair and highlights!! YOU LOOK GOOD!! I am losing weight so I can look like you and you are losing weight to look like Lisa in da pics!! I would be happy being your size. You keep working so you motivate me! DEAL!

I will show you some love on Sunday!

Debz said...

Now that I have seen your clothing I can say this with authority. Happy Birthday Skinny Bitch. Your smokin hot (the highlights look fabu by the way) and you can wear short hair like it was invented for you. Do keep exercising though, simply because it's good for you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENAKIM!!!!!!!

Terri said...

you look adorable!

jill jill bo bill said...

Happy Birthday, Tena!!!!! I LOVE your hair and hat eyou for being so ute and able to wear your hair short. I have to go with the Cousin It look because it makes me look sooooo skinny. Hope yur day is FANTASTIC!!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Honeybell said...

Happy 6th 30th birthday! You look fantastic!

Ash said...

Happy Birthday!! I too love the hair - and am completely jealous of people like you who look that good with that cut.

Oh, and I'm heading to Target today to check out the sale racks - I soooooo want those madras shorts. Congrats on the bargain hunting.

Em

Blessings From Above said...

Happy Birthday Tena!!!!!

I love the new cut and the highlights. Very chic!

because I said so said...

I'm pretty sure if you look like her you don't have to worry what angle your face is!!!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TENA KIMMMMMMMMM, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday you newly cut and highlighted new do girl you!

Oh and i think you look like a supermodle...i was thinkin Gizelle

Tiffany said...

Um Tena, I know it's your birthday but shut the fuck up! You are hott AND skinny. I hate you, I mean love you. I've told you before, if I were a lesbo I would totally hit on you. And your hair looks awesome. You know who can pull off super short hair? Fucking skinny people! I have the bob cuz I can't possibly go any shorter without looking like a big fat face.

Anyway Happy Birthday!!! Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

I totally wouldn't be her friend...although she did give you some good tips, so I guess she's alright.

Your hair looks adorable! :)

~Christy

Jill said...

Happy fantastic 36th birthday! I wish you nothing but the best on your special day.

Your hairdo rocks!! So love it!

The Mom Jen said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!!!!

You hair looks fantastic!

I always here "chin out" for photos, otherwise I grow 3 new ones...sexy.

Rock on the sale at Tarzhay!

t said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..........36? You're still a baby. You look marvelous!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on weight loss! I am trying, too.

Lisa is a riot! Her pictures are gorgeous.

BTW--Happy Birthday!

Insane Mama said...

I love the new haircut! Happy Birthday, happy pedicure and happy weight loss...

BacktoBarnwell said...

Happy Birthday! Nice Hairdo!

JSue said...

Love the highlights.

Happy Birthday - mine's on Saturday. We might be the same age then, but I'm not admitting to it.

Rochelle said...

You are too cute. Love the new hair.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope that debate goes on too...who knows what will happen.

Stop by my blog to see my "Let's Piss Off Half of America" post today!

Have a great Birthday! You are just a baby!

Beth said...

I love the new hair!! I so wish I could wear my hair that short! Happy Birthday!! I also had a pedicure today in your honor! :)

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Tena!! I left you a present on my blog today.

Your hair looks fabulous! What great highlights! Cute glasses too...

Mrs4444 said...

It's adorable! And wow! What a great shopping trip; sounds like you've been getting some early birthday presents! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lisa-licious said...

Happy Birthday...LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair...and thanks for the kind words...good work on the angles! You got it goin' on!
I am proud to be your blogger buddy!

Momo Fali said...

You do NOT look like a dork! You look great! And, the whole $65 Target wardrobe is a total turn-on.

jill jill bo bill said...

Your hair is precious! Happy Birthday! I'm flying to your house next as a surprise! ha!

Julie H said...

Love your hair! I'm ready for a change but my face is too round (and my neck too fat!) to go that short I think.

MYM said...

Happy Birthday! Love, love the hair, very cool :)

jaime said...

love the haircut.
LOVE Target.
i'm SOOO sorry i am late to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENA!
and you look adorable in those pics...

hope you had a good b-day!

Unknown said...

The highlights rock! You just may have inspired me to get some. Heh Heh.

Zookeeper said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to 36 - I hit that one this month also. Hope it was a good one. Love the highlights. I might have to get me some of those soon. The gray just keeps on coming!

Mrs4444 said...

Oops, this post is a year old. Time to post new pics of your hair! :)