Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Fragments- party edition!

Friday Fragments?

I'm loving "Friday Fragments"- here's an idea- I should just name every post "Fragments"- or not. But Mrs. 4444, is at least giving me the opportunity to not feel like such a lunatic on Fridays by giving it a name- yay!

I work better under pressure she said as she reaches for her medication. The 'to do' list is getting longer and what am I doing? Sitting at my computer like the big fat loser that I am!

I have, oh, I don't know, 5, 10, 15, 20 people coming over tomorrow night for the Seventies party? Your guess is as good as mine! For some reason, people don't RSVP!!! Personally, if I don't RSVP, it's because I feel bad or guilty that I can't (or don't want to) make it to an event- an avoidance, if you will. Spare my feelings, people! I have a party to plan! Should I have snacks and beverages for 5 or 40? My grocery trip today was a guessing game! All I knew was booze. I likes me a fruity drink, so I bought a nice assortment that, if nothing else, I will enjoy!

I am counting on my good friend "T" to show up and get so drunk that she will entertain everyone (or just me)- it's a gift she has! "T" (who occasionally reads this and hasn't completely disowned me as a friend- now that's love)- don't let me down- remember- I have 4 extra beds waiting for you and your drunk ass!

My dog smells like, well, he smells like a wet dirty dog that had to go pee and poop in the pouring rain all day yesterday. I don't do well with smells and I don't think my house smells. However, I am very self-conscious that my nose may be getting used to his smell. So, I crated him up and shipped him off to the groomers today. While he's there, if I ever get my ass off of this computer chair, I plan on cleaning my house from top to bottom.

I borrowed a chocolate fountain from my mom's neighbor and am so excited to use it. Stay tuned, there might be pictures of a fruitliciously drunk disco diva covered in chocolate doing karaoke- just sayin'!

I got my outfit for the weekend and it is size "8" that I ordered online. I was very nervous. An "8" in 1970-pfff- fughettaboutit! An "8" by today's standards, maybe, on a good non- bloated, really tight spandex- Spanx undergarment day. Luckily for me, I think it was a 2008 size 8. However, bright red polyester skin tight jumpsuit- not so forgiving- but it zipped! I will just have to do my damnedest to nip and tuck everything in with as little lumps and bumps possible!

So wish me luck! I know you'll be sitting on the edge of your seat for fuzzy photo scrapbook memories of the weekend! Let's hope I remember how to use the camera and there's someone here other than me and my husband- that could get ugly!



post signature

18 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooo I cant wait to see pix of the Par-tay!!!
Bet you have a BLAST!

Deb said...

Woo Hoo!!! Party on!!!!!!!!! Wish I could come.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

relax and have fun at your own party.

just a girl... said...

I guess the invite got lost in the mail. That sounds like too much fun. AND yes dogs freaking stink

because I said so said...

sound like fun times.....where are you storing the kids during the party?

The Mom Jen said...

OHHH have fun! I can't wait for the photos!

I hate non-rsvp'ers especially when it's for a total rockin' party!

Tiffany said...

Just don't bend over in your suit. I'm just saying. And I can't wait to see pics. I'm all for anything that involves dressing up. Hence my Halloween obsession.

amelia bedelia said...

Have a groovy time!!!

jill jill bo bill said...

Ok, when you reach mid-double digits, then and only then, can you call yourself a fatass. An eight doesn't cut it!! Secondly, how I wish I were flying in right now with my fro wig and platforms on in my size 14 polyester suit and choker. I would have flown like that, too.

Mrs4444 said...

I am so excited about your party! Can't wait to see the pics. Have fun (you can always drink/eat the extra stuff!

BacktoBarnwell said...

I just went to a "What was suppose to be 70's Disco Party...Only thing is, I didn't get the memo that it changed from 70's to 2008, so I got my shit from Goodwill and went decked out...I got there, and no one was 70's at all. I just wore it, Okay I WAS a little pissed, but it was fun the rest of the night being the odd ball. It tested me to see if I really give a damn what others think, and let me tell you, after 2 glasses of wine, 3 beer, and 2 tumblers of firefly, I don't give TWO shits.

Jill said...

I love "costume" parties.... especially when everyone comes dressed.

Have a great time - looking forward to the photos!

Karen MEG said...

Good luck with the party... hope the girlfriend doesn't get TOO drunk ;).

I always have a drink b4 everyone arrives. Works like a charm.

Unknown said...

LOL...I can't wait to hear how your party went!!

Rochelle said...

I am so looking forward to pictures of that pants suit!

jaime said...

sounds like so much fun! 70's eh? sneak some pics of the drunk friend!! lol

jill jill bo bill said...

Ok, are you hung over or do you have so many pictures to post that you are still working on your post? maybe both. HURRY!!!! I wanna see...

Sue Wilkey said...

Damn, i wish I was invited - I have the mac daddy of all 70's playlists. Post the pictures! Post the pictures!