Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments?
I don't know how it works out, but, never fail, everything falls into place for Friday Fragments. Maybe Mrs.4444 planned it this way- she is a smarty pants teacher, after all! I think I must have this sticker on my back from the second I walk out the door on Friday...
And voila... Friday Fragments...
***With Hurricane Ike bearing down on Texas, usually we would have calm weather in the Midwest, but NO. Thunderstorms came upon us at about 4AM. Beebs is not a fan of storms. She ended up in bed with us. I am not of fan of Beebs in bed with us. Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of her kicking me in my boobs and my face.
*** Apparently, Murphy, the puppy, is also not a fan of storms. He started crying around the same time as Beebs joined us in bed. I booted myself to the couch so the cry baby puppy could see me and would stop his whining before he woke up the rest of the house.
***I overdosed on CNN & MSNBC between the hours of 4-6. I woke up in a stupor at 7:05 with just enough energy to prepare 3 kids' lunches.
***I walked out of the door to take the kids to school in the clothes I slept in. Royal blue t-shirt with bleach spots (and no bra), navy blue bike shorts with paint stains (and what pair of bking shorts are NOT flattering!) and pink socks -Oh yeah- I'm all that and a bag of chips at bedtime roarrrrrr! Too bad for you, my camera is out of batteries!
*** Cue olive green Crocs and thank god for automatic doors and drop off procession at school- no need to get out of the car and risk a fashion police summons and sheer humiliation.
***The teacher that helps at the "drop off" line decided to IGNORE my automatic doors, stopping it halfway through the door opening! The door got stuck and made a funny zipping sound causing an odd door seizure and, literally, stopping it in its track. I tried to drive away, but ultimately I could not ignore the fact that MY DOOR WAS OPEN! So me, in all my pajama glory, had to get OUT OF MY CAR- while causing a slight traffic jam in the school line and having all of the parents that were dressed in actual clothes starring at me! I wrestled my door shut and made my kids so proud!


post signature

12 comments:

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Bwahahahaha Shit always has too happen when you go out trying your hardest not to be scene. I bet you looked HOT!!

Stephanie said...

yesterday I had to chase our new dog down the street...in my pj's...and my glasses...without a bra...as the neighbors were all leaving for work. not a pretty sight!
I actually threaten my kids when they're misbehaving in the morning that I'm going to take them in my pjs!

Tiffany said...

LMAO. I would have loved to have seen you fighting a door in those clothes. Does that make me a bad person?

And IKE has 50+ winds here today and stupid tornadoes. I sure wish these storms would hurry up and be done with!

Unknown said...

Tena OMGosh i am so sorry for laughing but that is hysterical! and ummmm soooo what I woulda looked like if the beans had school day-we were off for a proffesional day YAY

Deb said...

I totally would have gone to Starbucks after that.

jill jill bo bill said...

mental note to self: bleach stained Tshirts, bicycle shorts, pink socks and olive crocs are NOT fashionable. Tena got made fun of and humiliated her kids. Wear separately. Don't worry about the bra thing tho. No one will know.

Unknown said...

Now you know the whole "are you wearing clean underwear?" saying...cause if your NOT your' gonna get caught

amelia bedelia said...

i'm always paranoid when i go somewhere in my pajamas. if i ever had a flat tire, i wouldn't get out. hopefully hubby would show up and i could just take off in his car. see, i would have just drove off with the door open!

Mrs4444 said...

We are fans of storms around here; I love to fall asleep to a storm, and our kids love them, too. Thankfully, so does the dog. As for the pj's, I'm sure you weren't the only one in your jammies. Be careful, though; I once got in a car accident early in the morning, wearing only sweatpants and a t-shirt (plus hairy, March legs) and had to have my pants cut off (no underwear....) Mom was right; always wear clean undies, in case you get in a car accident!

Unknown said...

Urgh! Don'tcha hate that when you have to actually get out of the car and you're in your jammies?! It never fails that the day I take my kids to school w/o bothering to change out of the clothes I rolled out of bed in is the day that we end up being late or something & I have to GO INTO SCHOOL or something! (sigh)
~Christy

Insane Mama said...

I do ever thing in my PJ's I don't worry about it. But, where I live LA area everyone walks around in PJ's

Bad Momma said...

Sounds like something that has happened to me! Damn people who are trying to be helpful!!! ;)