Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Count me out next time!

As a mom, I seem to take the back seat a lot. I am the disciplinarian, not the "fun" one. I am the one left to clean up the dinner mess when everyone goes and plays catch. Many times, I will stay home from late games so I can get the little ones to bed on time. When the kids get sick, I do the cleaning, the laundry, and the nurturing back to health. That's my role that I have fallen into and I'm Ok with it, I've actually grown quite fond of it.

My husband felt ill all Sunday. Since he just lost his father and he has a tendancy to have panic and anxiety attacks, we really thought he was just struggling with his stress. Well, by 1AM, I, too, was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes to throw up. At 3am, my 3 year old joined us. At 6am, my 7 year old jumped into the fun! I was literally crawling from one bathroom to the next, checking on kids throwing up, throwing up myself, making pallets to sleep on next to each toilet.

It's Tuesday and I can finally hold my head up enough to sit at the computer(which may explain the nonsense). The washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher have been running for the last 36 hours to try and make sure the 2 healthy kids in my house don't get this horrible bug!

I really miss when I was the one left to clean up this mess and I felt just fine! I really wish I could have sat this one out! Moms aren't supposed to get sick!


post signature

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, you poor things! Glad you're feeling better.