Friday, November 21, 2008

Helluva Meme

You've seen it around (or maybe you haven't), but it's an awesome meme- the mother of them all! I am so excited that I was tagged with it thanks Dorsey! Here goes...

Rule 1. List the first ten people who have commented on one of your blog posts.
Ok, here is who I'm picking....

1.) Mr. Lady @ Whiskey in My Sippy Cup- she was one of my first discoveries out here in the blogosphere and I always think it's pretty cool when she goes slumming and drops a "word up" in my comments section!

2.)The Mom @ Cheaper than Therapy- I saw Jen comment on another blog and thought well, we could totally be friends, we chose like the same blog title... so I contacted her- I'm compulsive like that- and the rest is blog history!

3.) Christy @ Heavy on the Caffeine- We're just really on the same page and I enjoy visiting her and seeing her comments, like an old friend!

4.) Deb @ Don't Judge This Book by its Cover-again, another early discovery, I feel like we go way back- here's your shout out, Deb!

5.) Honeybell @ The Bell Pages-I appreciate how she's just 'real' like me- even though iit may not be pretty and I think we both have a warped sense of humor.

6.) Soxy Deb @ Postcards from the Edge- We lost touch for a while, but thank heavens we rediscovered each other- she rocks!

7.) KimandCo - is a somewhat new commenter and I enjoy her. She is a city girl that's still adjusting to the burbs- after 11 years- which doesn't make my 3 years seem so bad, but also doesn't give me much hope!

8.) J'Ollie Primitives @ My JOllie Blog- another recently consistent commenter- her 'folksy' look had me thinking she was in the wrong place, but apparently she drank the kool-aid, since she keeps coming back and I couldn't be happier. She's got great stories and is so fun to read!

9.)Deb @ Dirty Socks and Pizza - has become another face I've been seeing a lot of and always helps me justify my kookiness!!!

10.) Rochelle @ Whines and Wine - she's been witness to this train wreck for a while and I'm so glad to see her when she comments. She's one of those good mom, picture takers, that I'm not!

***What is your favorite post from #3's blog? She has done a lot of deep posts and they're all great, but I'm going with this one because it made me laugh.

***Has #10 taken any pictures that have moved you? It would be Rochelle, wouldn't it? YES, most of her pictures move me- they are all gorgeous and I'm so jealous of great picture taking ability! My favorite would have to be this one- you can just smell the barbecue and lemonade!

***Does #6 reply to comments on their blog? I think if she is so moved to do so (like me), but not every comment.

***Which part of Blogland is #2 from? California. I understand that's a big state, but here in MO, California is California.

***If you could give one piece of advice to #7 what would it be? I have no idea- if I knew how to fix her 'bitch neighbor" problem- I would have done it!

***Have you ever tried something from #9's blog? I tried to get in on the Mission Monday that she and Jay are doing, but I'm just not great at following rules and there were a lot of steps that overwhelmed me- I'm still trying, but not very good at following through.

***Has #1 blogged something that inspired you? BLOGGING! Blogging honestly.

***How often do you comment on #4's blog? I try to comment often, but unfortunately sometimes my comments are untimely, but I read every post she writes.

***Do you wait excitedly for #8 to post? I have just started visiting her, but I have been checking it recently a lot to see when this great picture of her was taken!

***How did #5's blog change your life? That's pretty big, but I have been touched by her recent accounts of her childhood.

***Do you know any of your 10 bloggers in person? Sadly, no.

***Do any of your 10 know each other?I believe Jen and Rochelle are friends.

***Out of the 10, which updates more frequently? They are fairly regular, but you can set your clock by Jen! I don't know that she has EVER missed a day of posting.

***Which of the 10 keep you laughing? Absolutely.

***Which of the 10 made you cry (good or bad) tears? All of them have stirred up emotions. There are some that have told devastating life stories, but some just cute everyday stuff that everyone loves.

And that, folks, was the world's LONGEST Meme.
Play on, play out.
post signature

16 comments:

Mr Lady said...

Slumming, my fat white ass. You rock, sister.

Honeybell said...

Awww, I feel so warm and squishy! And yes, I have a feeling with our twisted sense of humor, we'd get along great IRL!!

Deb said...

holy smoke! and i am proud of you for recognizing that i am the ultimate enabler. i've got your back and can help you rationalize just about anything.

you were quite thorough. no half-assing on this one!

Jenni said...

That is a Helluva Meme! Nicely done...

Kim said...

Cool. I'm not sure I've ever been an active participant in a Meme before! Am I to continue this practice by doing so on my website? I'm not sure I have 10 people who comment? Maybe I'll start begging.

Oh, and thanks for WANTING to help with the bitchy neighbor. I think the best revenge was finding OTHER friends and as it turns out, one of them IS a friend of the bitchy neighbor. And that friend likes me a lot, better than the bitch. :) I hope it drives her crazy.

The Mom Jen said...

This is a good one, thanks for including me, you are SO in mine when I get all my Vegas baggage out!

Yep Ro and me are IRL friends and she has a photography/card business that is THE bomb!

Unknown said...

Nice post! :)

Rochelle said...

Thanks TK! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

I bow down to your ability to so that meme.

Deb said...

That was a helluva meme. I feel more than honored to be a part of it. Thank you!! I am glad we found each other's blogs, and I am certain we would be friends IRL. I am not a bitchy neighbor.

Annie said...

Play on, Playa. This was a fun one!

Terri said...

wow, good job Tena, this was a very involved meme, good thing you are such a good stalker of your blogger buds! :o)

Debz said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I love to see my name in lights - I'm such an attention whore like that.

I may do this again. It really was fun!!

Dorsey said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this one!! I waited forever for the Purse Meme and then just decided to start it myself! HA!

Keep those posts comin' gal! I loves ya over here!!!

Mrs4444 said...

Hey, guess what? The reason I happen to be poking around your blog today is that I am doing this meme, and you are #4!

Aubrey said...

Holy Mother of Memes!