Thursday, May 15, 2008

today will not be a lazy day

I am still a stay at home mom, but I'm nearing the homestretch. I only have one kid left at home during the day. She just turned 3, so it'll be a while until she is in school full time, but she is only 1 kid. I did my time of having 3 and 4 running around the house, diaper duty, having to know where they are at EVERY second, nursing/bottles, having to feed them in a highchair- I know how hectic it can be and I know how spoiled I am by it- no more than today! Today, I am babysitting my 2 nieces- 9 months and 3 years.

Me and Beebs have the day down to a science. We watch a little Dora and Wonderpets, color or do an "activity", play a little, eat lunch after Yo Gabba Gabba, go pee pee and poo poo and then take a nap. I wake her up to pick up the kids from school. Seriously, everyday, that is the schedule.

I picked up my nieces at 7:30 this morning. On the way here, the baby picked up a small trinket remnant off my car seat and put it in her mouth. The older one started talking to me about how she can't put stuff in her mouth or she'll "frow up". I thought we were just talking, luckily I looked back and saw the baby wiggling something bright yellow with her tongue. I immediately pulled over and had to wrangle it out of her mouth. Tragedy averted!

By 9:09, the 2- 3yr olds were asking for lunch! Every toy we own is laying on the living room floor. I have had to build a baracade so the 9 month old stops pressing the off button on my computer tower. The baby has pulled the wire out of the censor for our Wii (glad I bought that warranty!)and reset the lock box for our cable (next time my husband wants to watch his dirty movies, he'll have to ask her what the code is).

It's 10:52-I find myself asking my 3 year old niece... What time does your daddy get off work again?




post signature

1 comment:

The Mom Jen said...

Now I know why I don't babysit! ;) Oh I hope their daddy gets off work at a reasonable hour!