Sunday, April 20, 2008

unproductive weekend

This weekend there were no plans. No practices, no games, no birthday parties- nothing to tie our schedule down. For many busy families, this would probably be a welcome change; relax, have fun, catch up. Not me.

I tend to prefer having a working schedule. I've never really been a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal. When my calendar has nothing on it, I start making plans in my crazy little head. I get real big dreams and start making silly lists that are completely unattainable and therefore accomplish nothing.

I normally am quite productive, I guess because I have to be. I have to get the cleaning and laundry done before I bring the kids to school. I have to go to the gym before my daughter's nap. I then have to do my writing during her nap and before school pick up. I must have dinner ready by 5:00 because practice is at 6:00- you get the idea. Without having these perameters, I fall apart. This weekend I was useless. My full calendar is my script and I should just stick to it!


post signature

No comments: