Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friday Fragments


Oh yeah, it's that time of the week again (and that time of the month again, I know, I know TMI)... Friday Fragments- join in a Friday Fragment post with Mr. Linky over at Half Past Kissing Time.

I am writing this with a splitting headache that hasn't gone away after 2 days and about 18 Aleve and feel nauseous, so pity me, won't you?

*** I have been my normal abnormal compulsive self lately. I have been eating too much. Shopping for clothes and trying on clothes especially, was just the kick in the fat ass I needed. The homemade chocolate chip cookie dough and homemade dark chocolate truffles in my fridge, however, are not helping!

The first trip into the fitting room , I tried on some things that were eeehhh- ok, I guess, if I lost about 12 lbs. I guess I was ambitious that day and forgetful of the diabetic coma inducing contents in my refrigerator and that I always eat a lot during the holidays and pretend that it's OK because it keeps me "warm" (WTF, right?) and that I am an emotional eater and I have been dealing with many emotions as of late and not of the good variety BECAUSE I BOUGHT THOSE CLOTHES! Thank God, I came to my senses and returned them and realized the denial ain't just a river in Egypt and I sooo am not about to LOSE 12 lbs before all of my holiday parties and events.

Back to the fitting room with large over-sized, long sweaters- in black- boring! Maybe I'll find a cute pair of shoes!

*** In case you were wondering, the neighborhood meeting that I hosted last night- no big deal. I am on the Board of Directors for the Estates that I live in. That is the technical terminology- really not as important as it sounds- there are only 25 houses! We just make sure that standards and architectural integrity is maintained. But it did get a little heated- as one owner put vinyl siding on their house last year as approved by the President at the time- who was ousted last night. The charter states that our "Colorado" style homes should maintain cedar face. Many of us were pretty steamed at the time, but one guy was yelling and talking attorneys and getting all crazy, still... seriously, dude, it's one house- it won't happen again- drop it- I thought he was going to have a heart attack in my living room! I used to be the Treasurer and moved up to the Secretary last night- 3rd in command, just call me Hillary!

***Remember my daughter that was struggling in the fourth grade? Second Quarter progress report...

Art 4 Projects Avg Grade
100 100 A
Language Arts 4 96 97 A
Math 4
Timed Test
Daily Work
Tests 96 96 A
Music 4
Conduct
Participat 100 100 A
Reading 4

AR %
Daily Work 100 95 A
Religion 4
Daily Work
Tests 99 99 A

Science 4
Daily Work
Test/Proje 84 85 C

Social Studies 4
Daily Work
Tests 89 92 B

(It didn't copy right, but you get the gist) Seriously, this kid got 3 "F"s last quarter and was under evaluation of a "care team" and about to be tested for learning disabilities!!! I will say, however, that she has been working her little skinny ass off! She's has been doing 4-5 hours of homework/studying each night, only breaking for dinner! As awesome as it is (for her confidence) to see these grades, I can't help, but still wonder if this curriculum is just too advanced for her. I'm so proud of her, but I want to her to still have a life!!! My dilemma about schools continues...

*** I have spent too much money on Christmas. Tiffany and I are making plans to live in a box after the holidays, as it seems that may be all we'll be able to afford. Don't worry though, it's going to be a nice one- with enough room for her Twilight books and pictures of Edward and my Christmas trees! We can blog from her i-phone, can't we?

*** SSS- Thank you! I loved it! Now, down to business... Jill is it you? If it's you, and you were yanking my chain about who you had- tell me now, I need to know- if not, back to the drawing board! All I know is Texas (unless they are lying about that, too, but that would have to be quite the elaborate lie because the return address was Texas) and that they "love me"- sadly, that kind of narrows it down.

*** They are predicting a wintery mix of ice and accumulating snow this weekend into next week. Bad news- I live on a ski slope- not a real one, but my driveway is really scary steep! Good news- we have underground wires and ice makes for beautiful pictures... stay tuned!

***Boy, am I glad no one is reading this shit since I keep adding new bullet points after I've already published! I want to send a shout out to Jaime- for that rockin' Christmas tree countdown that I stole from her- I think it adds some class to the place, don't you!

*** Send good thoughts to Em over at Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit... I felt the pain, fear, and uncertainty in her post yesterday. She and her family have been added to my list of prayers.

post signature

14 comments:

Kim said...

About that headache? And the Aleve? Flush the Aleve and get yourself a good dose of vicadin! It does wonders for the mood. SHIT! I meant headache.

Mariah said...

Mind if I live inthat box with you? I'm broke and I'm a bitch. So I'm a broke bith, sounds like a great roomate huh?
AND
Fuck shopping, I went yesterday, umm... nothing looked good. I'm all for the black sweaters and cute shoes.
Happy Weekend!

Minxy Mimi said...

Sounds like you have way too much going on! I second the Vicodin suggestion.
As for School...4-5 hrs a night seems excessive to me, you are right... what life is that?

Kim said...

I'll work on that hook up for you. I am definitely good for the coconut though - pronto if you need it!

Thanks for the heads up about my e-mail link. It's all taken care of now!

Tiffany said...

Well hell yea we can blog from my iPhone.

And thanks for letting me bring my books. I know how you don't like vampires... or reading but my posters will look AWESOME.

Our box is gonna fucking ROCK!

Ronda's Rants said...

I am shopping this weekend to celebrate my five pound lost..I will probably be despressed while trying on clothes that I will need to eat to overcome sadness which will cause newly bought clothes not to fit...maybe I shouldn't go shopping!

Unknown said...

Now combined with it being that time of the month and all the excess eating during the holidays you REALLY DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD FIT INTO THE CLOTHES NOW DID YOU??????
LMAO!!!!!! Send it all my way!!!Minus the time of the month...becuz frankly I'm trying to find someway to get out of it this month! lol

Twisted Lisa said...

LOL! Nothing like a threat of testing and 'services' to kick a kid into overdrive...

Congrats!

Momo Fali said...

Um...I read all that shit!

I feel for you with the school thing. We have been fortunate...so far.

Oh, and for the record, I LIVE in black clothes.

Ash said...

Aww Tena - you so rock! Thanks for the love, really, I truly appreciate it.

If everything comes to fruition, would you mind sharing your box with Tiffany and my family of four?!

Good luck with the weather!

Thanks, Em

jill jill bo bill said...

Dammit! You and Deb are so sneaky smart. Yes. I about flipped when you said Tracy who? I was like Uhhhhhh-change the subject. You are seriously the hardest human on earth to buy for!!!!!!!!! You don't like coats or jackets?! What the hell do you do in the winter? Just run really fast from the house to the car, then from the car to the store? I HAD to change all that. I got the poncho in Aruba. I got me one too. And all my sisters and my mom. We can be twinsX5. I do love you and hope you think of me when you are halfway warm. Merry Christmas, baby!

Mrs4444 said...

WOW. You had a busy FF post today, my friend. So glad you could purge! :) Hope you're feeling better~

Deb said...

i don't want to ruin your day, but i think my son may have intercepted your daughter's progress report. haha. really, congratulations to her! it sounds like her efforts are paying off. that's a good lesson for them to learn young!

Anonymous said...

They were divided into several brigades and jointly endeavored to fight against the fire for the sake of people as well as their property. During the ugg bootswholesale ugg boots course of the combat, a number of fire-fighters got infected because of the toxic chemicals. They felt dizzy and vomited. However, the obstacles didn’t make those heroes retreat or give up. Finally, their constant efforts and strong will power helped them put out the fire thoroughly. Their Wholesale handbagswholesale clothingWholesale jewelrywholesalewholesale electronicswholesale clothing spirit is quite moving and deserves our respect.Next it comes to doctors. A doctor is one of the professions that everyone is so familiar with, right? Through the series, I’ve learned that there is a woman whose experience differs from others’. In her hospital, she often sees infants rejected by their parents at the door. Those poor infants as she said have got cerebral palsy. Despite the strongwholesale handbags opposition of her family and friends, she determined to adopt any infant who is rejected by parents. In fact, the doctor herself isn’t rich enough. A lot of neighbors think of her to be mad. But there is a firm belief wholesale furnitureFurniture WholesaleWholesale jewelry supporting this woman doctor along the way, and that is “All things in their being are good for something.” She shows special preference for those infants and teaches them to talk. With her Ceramic tileMicro sd cards love and care, those lucky infants are growing up healthily day by day. She hopes that they can contribute for the society in the future. What a wonderful dream. Hopefully her dream could come true some day.Last but not the least, from those series I also learned the grass-roots society. Inside myself, a heart is growing, a heart not only beats for myself but cares for others as well. I once volunteered to be an English Wholesale clothingWholesale Jewelry teacher in a primary school for children of migrant workers. The volunteer work gave me a precious little chance of saying thanks to people like the children’s parents who construct highways and underground, build up modern skyscrapers and make our cities more and more beautiful. To help the children with their English Wholesale fashion jewelryWholesale costume jewelry is what I can do at present to show my gratitude to those unsung heroes. The world may not be fair to them, so privileged and blessed people like me are obliged to do whatever we can to help make their life better. Whatever I do for them, I know it can’t be compared with what they have done to improve the quality of life in our cities…All in all, I can not enumerate all great examples of those unsung heroes all at once. Here, I ugg bootsugg boots would like to say that all of us should salute to them. The salutation represents our appreciation, gratitude and respect from the deep of our hearts indeed.